The Global Geoparks Network (GGN), is a non-profit organisation subject to French legislation (the 1901 law on associations) and a non-governmental organisation, officially established in 2014.
Categories of Membership
- Institutional Members — UNESCO Global Geoparks.
- Individual Members – Global Geopark Professionals — Persons who have combined or proved professional experience in Global Geopark management (geological heritage, sustainable development, tourism development and promotion, and environmental issues).
- Honorary Members — Persons who have rendered exceptional services to the international Global Geopark community or to the GGN.
- Cooperating Members — International Organizations, institutions or persons providing substantial financial or other assistance to the GGN because of an interest in Global Geoparks and international co-operation between Global Geoparks.
Submit an application to join GGN.
Institutional Members- Global Geoparks
PROCEDURE FOR INSCRIPTION
UNESCO Global Geoparks should submit an official application letter for membership in the Global Geoparks Network (duly signed and stamped) . The application letter should be compiled in English.
The GGN ExB decides on the application.
PROCEDURE FOR INSCRIPTION
Each individual wishing to become individual member of GGN should submit an application accompanied by a CV including the necessary documentation and references and a declaration for the respect of the GGN statutes, GGN Code of Ethics and GGN Operational rules and guidelines.
The GGN ExB decides on the application
CRITERIA FOR INSCRIPTION
Each GGN Individual member should cover at least one of the criteria below:
- At least 4 years manager or representing geoscientist in a Global Geopark
- Member of GGN Bureau, EGN – AC, APGN – AC,
- At least 5 years combined experience in Global Geopark management, geological heritage, sustainable development, tourism development – promotion and environmental issues or proven professional experience in each of the fields of Global Geopark management, geological heritage, sustainable development, tourism development and promotion, and environmental issues in relation with Geoparks.
- At least 5 years personnel of educational, training and research institutions which are beneficial to Global Geopark activities, having received specialised training, or possessing an equivalent practical experience, in any field relevant to the management and activities of a Global Geopark.
Please contact the GGN Secretariat to obtain more information on the application dossier (address following).
GLOBAL GEOPARKS NETWORK
Haute Provence Geopark,
Musée Promenade, 10 Montée Bernard Dellacasagrande,
BP 156, 04005 Cedex Digne les Bains – France.
Téléphone : 06 79 87 36 22