After the 1st, 2nd and 3rd International Training Courses on UNESCO Global Geoparks Management and Development successfully held in Beijing, in 2016 and 2017, a great influence has created in the international community and UNESCO Global Geoparks, which has made very positive effect in geopark management and building.
This course is becoming an important capacity building activity of the UNESCO Global Geoparks. Supported by the GGN and UNESCO regional offices, the 4th International Training Course on UNESCO Global Geoparks Management and Development will be held in the period from 30 October – 3 November, 2018.
The 4th International Training Course will be organized by China University of Geosciences (Beijing) and Mount Taishan UNESCO Global Geopark (Shandong). Respecting to the current situation of geoparks in mainly the Asia-Pacific region, this course will focus on geopark management and building, especially on the Earth heritage interpretation.
The speakers are top international geopark experts from the UNESCO Global Geoparks Council, Global Geoparks Network Executive Board and other institutions.
The Organizing Committee of the Training Course cordially invites all UNESCO Global Geoparks managers and staff, and personnel from related technical support institutions to actively participate in the training course.
First part: UNESCO Global Geoparks Management (two days): for Geopark managers (30-31 October)
Contents: Geopark concept and management, IGGP Statutes and UGGp Operational Guidelines, GGN Code of ethics, UGGp evaluation and revalidation processes.
Venue: Geosciences Convention Center, China University of Geosciences, Beijing, China
Second part: Earth heritage interpretation facilities and tools: for Geopark managers and technical staff (1-3 November)
Contents: Geopark Museum – Visitor Centers establishment and management, Earth heritage interpretation facilities and tools: methodology, successful cases, field investigation
Venue: Mount Taishan UNESCO Global Geopark, Shandong, China
Notes: Besides the appointed geoparks, the organizing committee of the training course cordially invites the attending geoparks preparing their own presentations to introduce their experiences on the design, development and methodology of the geopark museum, visitor center and signage system. The invited experts will give their comments and constructive suggestions.
Prof. Zhang Jianping, UGGp Council Vice-Chairperson, GGN ExB member, China University of Geosciences Beijing, China
Prof. Nikolaos Zouros, GGN President, UGGp Council, University of the Aegean, Greece
- Guy MARTINI, UGGp Council Chairperson, GGN General Secretary, France
- JIN Xiaochi, GGN Vice-President, Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences
- Ibrahim KOMOO, GGN Vice-president, University of Kebangsaan, Malaysia
- Mahito WATANABE, member of both the UGGp Council and GGN ExB, Geological Survey of Japan
- Marie-Luise FREY, GGN ExB member, Messel Pit WHS, Germany
- Maurizio BURLANDO, GGN ExB member, Italy
- Gail BREMNER, GGN ExB member, head for Stonehammer UGGp, Canada
- ZHENG Yuanyuan, UNESCO Global Geopark Evaluator, coordinator of Chinese Geoparks Network, China
- TIAN Mingzhong, Geopark expert, China University of Geosciences Beijing, China
- WU Fadong, Geopark expert, China University of Geosciences Beijing, China
- Kaming YEUNG, Geopark expert, head for Hong Kong UGGp, China